Is the AGPtek TP718AQ any good ?

Trying to get the most out of your Android Tablet? Discuss hacks, roms, rooting, etc in here

Is the AGPtek TP718AQ any good ?

Postby lwizardl » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:37 am

Hello I have been recently introduced to this companies products from a few web searches on android tablets and came across 2 models of tablet that seem very similar and I have been trying to find out some real details from users that own one of these.

The tablet I am currently looking at is the follow
Model: AGPtek TP718AQ+TJS1
Details: 1.5GHZ Allwinner A31S Quad Core CPU and Mali-400 2D/3D OPNE GL GPU
Compatible with Google Play
Cool 3D games for your fun life
5 point capacitive touch screen for easy operation
7 inch 1024*600 HD TFT display for beautiful pictures
HDMI output.
Micro SD Card extends to 32GB, U disk extends to 32GB.
The wireless controller support different android games,provides 33ft reliable transmission and No negative effect to health.

Package Included:
1 x AGPtek tablet
1 x Game Controller
1 x Charger
1 x USB cable
1 x Micro USB to USB(OTG) Cable
1 x AGPtek User Manual

These are the requirements I am looking at.
I would mostly be using the tablet for web browsing, email, movie watching, youtube, and then playing games.
1.) Around $100 max (+/- couple bucks)
2.) Full access to the play market place (not by some unstable mod, had to deal with that before on a Pan Digital tablet)
3.) Quad-Core 1.5GHZ+, 1GB+ ram, 8GB of internal storage, MicroSD Card support (prefer at least 32gb)
4.) Flash Support
5.) HDMI out support
6.) Dock support: I am talking like charging dock mostly. But being that I run Desktop Linux as my main system if I can use the tablet as a wacom style device that would be awesome, but not a requirement.
lwizardl
Grow Agpteker
Grow Agpteker

Re: Is the AGPtek TP718AQ any good ?

Postby monark88 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:25 pm

Hello, this is my first post.

I've bought the TP718AQ and find it to be superior to the TP714AQ (of course)

However, due to the popularity of the TP714AQ there is much more support for that tablet available on Google than the TP718AQ.

That being said, the rooting method, and CWM installation method that the TP714AQ uses is applicable to the TP718AQ.

The tablet has ran everything that I've thrown at it. It has an SGX544MP2 GPU which is very nice, and rates well on the AnTuTu score.

It does have 8 gigs, rather than 4 gigs of memory.

I am working on a custom ROM right now for the tablet, and intend to release it soon. If any of you AGPtek guys would like to help, let me know.
monark88
New Agpteker
New Agpteker

Return to (6) Android Tablet Hacking