Recovery image for AGPTek TP10A

Trying to get the most out of your Android Tablet? Discuss hacks, roms, rooting, etc in here

Recovery image for AGPTek TP10A

Postby ragnorok_weapon » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:46 pm

I've got a AGPTek TP10A 7inch tablet running ICS 4.0.4 that I got from Buy.com. I was attempting to root it and obviously done something wrong and bricked the tablet. I can only get into the Android Flash mode (Droid on it's back waiting for surgery). I can't seem to get into any other recovery and the tablet is refusing to boot instead only loading a black screen. My problem is self inflicted so I accept it's my own stupidity that's done it but I don't have any of the original recovery image backed up so does anyone know where i can get the stock rom for this tablet?
If you've got instructions on how to recover it using ADB as well that would be an awesome bonus.

I appreciate any help people can give me.
Thanks
ragnorok_weapon
New Agpteker
New Agpteker

Re: Recovery image for AGPTek TP10A

Postby Buy-com Support » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:16 am

Thank you for shopping with us. According to your information, could you please kindly fully charge the tablet first, then use a pin to press the reset key first which is near to the HDMI. Press it till the tablet is power off,10 minutes later, please reboot the tablet. Thank you for your effort to this and hope that is helpful for you.

If no improvement, could you please feel free to contact us: mambate9@gmail.com, we will try our best to solve the problem that puzzled you. Thank you.
Buy-com Support
Support Team
Support Team

Postby inveni0 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:34 pm

I am experiencing the Android bot and exclamation point. I have not attempted any special access to this device. It just simply started doing this out of the blue. The reset button doesn't do anything but reboot to the exclamation point. Help?
inveni0
New Agpteker
New Agpteker

Postby Buy-com Support » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:45 am

Thank you for the detail. In this case, could you please shut down your tablet first, then download the file to the root directory of the TF Card and unzip the file. When the procedures 100% finish, please remove the TF card, and the tablet will reboot. Then the problem will be solved.
http://www.agptek.com/software/TP10A-Brush.rar

If still no improvement, could you please feel free to contact us: mambate9@gmail.com, we will offer you RMA# information to return and exchange for a new working replacement, please be assured.
Buy-com Support
Support Team
Support Team

Postby Maxximus » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:59 pm

I also need this image. The link posted wasn't working for me so I changed the software to download and was able to download the file. This firmware doesn't work with my unit. It is for a Rockchip and mine is a wm8850. I've tried other firmwares and none of them work with the touch screen. I was initially trying to go to 1.5 from 1.3 to get netflix to work. The Model info from the back of my unit is TP10A GBD.
Maxximus
Grow Agpteker
Grow Agpteker

Postby andyparker » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:53 am

Maxximus wrote:I also need this image. The link posted wasn't working for me so I changed the software to download and was able to download the file. This firmware doesn't work with my unit. It is for a Rockchip and mine is a wm8850. I've tried other firmwares and none of them work with the touch screen. I was initially trying to go to 1.5 from 1.3 to get netflix to work. The Model info from the back of my unit is TP10A GBD.

About netfilx,you can try this link:http://dorkfiles.com/working-version-of-netflix-for-android/
andyparker
Agptek Geek
Agptek Geek

Postby Maxximus » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:26 pm

I just tried that version and had the same issue - It installed OK but you can't click any of the buttons (same issue as the play store version). Everything I've read says that it has something to do with the WM8850 processor and the 1.3 firmware. I'm looking for the 1.5 version of the firmware for this tablet (that seems to take care of it). I currently have quite a few of this unit. The firmware I attempted to install has rendered my test units touch screen unusable (doesn't register the touches after the firmware update). That's why I'm looking for firmware or the fwc file for this tablet.
Maxximus
Grow Agpteker
Grow Agpteker

Return to (6) Android Tablet Hacking