Frequently Asked Questions About AGPTek A02 MP3 Player

Moderator: hunterleo

Frequently Asked Questions About AGPTek A02 MP3 Player

Postby hunterleo » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:37 am

If you have more questions, please reply this post.

1. Why does my player can only turn on when plugged into my laptop? As soon as I unplug it, it goes off straight away.

There is on / off switch slider on the bottom of the unit please turn the switch on and the player will power up.

2. Why doesn’t my computer recognize my AGPtek A02 player?

The enclosed USB lead may be defective please use another USB lead to connect it to your PC.

3. What can I do when the player get stuck on the screen ‘AGPtEK’?

Please push the center button to switch off the player and then turn it on again. If it still doesn’t solve the problem, please contact us to update the firmware.

4. Does the AGPtek A02 player have a Stereo FM tuner or Mono FM tuner?

It has a Mono FM tuner.

5. I have copied tracks from a multiple CD album and set my tracks so that the titles as well as the file names follow a scheme of (for example) 0101, 0102, 0103, 0104, 0105, 0106, 0107, 0108, 0109, 0110, 0111, 0112, 0201, 0202, 0203, 0204, 0205, 0206, 0207, 0208, 0209, 0210, 0211 but the player plays the tracks in the following order: 0101, 0110, 0201, 0210, 0102, 0202, 0103, 0203, which is not any normal sort order! What can I do to get it to play the tracks in the right order?

Please play the music through ‘Folder’ rather than ‘Music’.

6. When I play WMA file on the player, the player displays ‘file not supported’, is there anything wrong?

Please check if the track is DRM WMA file, the AGPtek A02 player cannot play DRM WMA file; if you want to play the track please remove DRM protection first, you can check the details on URL: http://www.aimersoft.com/wma-media-converter.html

7. I am on the FM Radio playing screen. Why I cannot access any of the other functions of the player?

Please push the button VOL once and then use the left double arrow key to get back to the main menu.

8. The player has two play modes: easy mode and normal mode.

When on the music playing screen, long press of the center button goes to a screen called ‘easy mode long press…’ The way to adjust the volume under easy mode is: push the button M and VOL to adjust the volume.

Long press of the center button again goes back to a screen called ‘Back to normal mode’. The way to adjust the volume under normal mode is: push and hold VOL button until the volume screen appears and then push the button M and VOL to adjust the volume.

9. When I access Music on the player, it does not see the tracks on the Micro SD card, is there anything wrong?

Please access icon ‘folder’ on the main menu and the player display two folders ‘Local folder’ and ‘Card folder’. Select one track in the card folder and the player is on the music playing screen. Then push the button VOL once and then use the left double arrow key to get back to the main menu. Then you access folder and all the tracks on the Micro SD card will show up on the player. Please kindly note that the player can only see a max of 4000 tracks!

10. I want to buy the AGPtEK MP3 player for my car, which has a 3.5mm socket. Can you advise me which lead I need to buy? Also which car charger I need? What can I do to get it to play the tracks in the right order?

You can connect it with your car’s audio system using a 3.5mm to 3.5mm audio cable.

11. I bought a 64GB Kingston micro SD. I keep getting "disc error" when I try to play the music I've copied on to it from my computer.

Please check if you were using an incompatible SD card.

12. Hi My player will only play 10 seconds of each song before going on to the next one. I cannot fathom out how to change this as I still have no idea how the control button works. Can you help please?

When the player is on the music playing screen, please push the button M and the play display ‘play mode’, choose option ‘repeat’ and you can see option ‘view playing’, if you select view playing, the player would only play the first 10 seconds of a track and then skip.

13. Hi I cannot fit the micro sdxc card in the slot in the player. Please can you tell me why?

Please check the attached URL:
http://www.agptek.us/attachment/Fid_213 ... 495992.jpg
The website tells you the correct way to put the micro sd card into the slot

14. Can you charge in via the mains?

You will need mains to USB plug. You then use the USB lead with the mains plug to charge the AGPtek player.

15. How to make you music or audio books sort by name

1. Play from playlist, the order is the same as the playlist you created them.

2. Play from Music option, the order is sorted by alphabet (or exactly called ASCII)
3. Play from Folder option, the order is sorted by the order you copy them. Before you copying them into the player, please arrange the files to a right sequence in computer (by name, like the picture below. Not by #).
If the file order is sort by name before you copying them into the player, they would be right order.
If your music is not sort by the right number, use Advanced Renamer to sort by number. Download Advanced Renamer, and then add your music into list
Labeling the tracks 01 for Track one, 02 track for 2 and so on with the 01 to 10 then 11 to 22 so on.

Click the button start batch in the top of the window. In the new window click Start. Put your music into your MP3 player and press play key to enter Folder to check it.

16. When the player merge the album.Several tips for renaming album names on AGPtek A02 player

1.If the first 8 characters are the same, the player will think they are the same album name and put all the tracks from both discs in the same folder. For example, if you have album names: "Hitch-Hikers Guide Disc1" and "Hitch-Hikers Guide Disc2" . However if you rename album names "HHG d1" and "HHG d2" the player will work properly.
2. So if you want to rename album names, please start track names with the track number with leading zeros or please ensure the first 8 characters are not the same.
3. You can use an MP3 Tag editor or Windows media player to rename your disc / album names.

17. Reset your A02 player
There are situations you may need to reset your A02 player. For example, the device can't function normally or get stuck on running, and you can restore the player to factory setting under "Setting" on main interface.

18. Copy music files from the computer to your mp3 players in alphabetical order
To copy music files from the computer to your mp3 players in alphabetical order, we recommend a lightweight and portable piece of software called "Copy In Order". Download the attachment application (on bottom) for your convenient use.

19. Concerning on the Playlist issue."no files found", however, you could find the file by your explore or your PC.
Here is the playlist information that we make it by Media Go. It is M3U format and our player could accept it.

#EXTINF:250,***Flawless (Feat. Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie)
Beyonc_\BEYONC_\11-beyonce-flawless_
(feat_chimamanda_ngozi_adichie).mp3
#EXTINF:276,Super Power (Feat. Frank Ocean)
Beyonc_\BEYONC_\12-beyonce-super_power_(feat_frank_ocean).mp3
#EXTINF:348,The Times They Are A-Changin
Bob Dylan\MTV Unplugged (Reissue)\04-bob_dylan-the_times_they_are_a-
changin.mp3
#EXTINF:322,John Brown
Bob Dylan\MTV Unplugged (Reissue)\05-bob_dylan-john_brown.mp3
#EXTINF:319,Yonc?Partition
Beyonc_\BEYONC_\06-beyonce-yonce-partition.mp3

In text processing, CR, LF, CR / LF newline used on different operating systems.
Dos and windows using a carriage return + line feed CR / LF represents the next line,
The UNIX / Linux uses LF newline represents the next line,
Macintosh (MAC OS system) is using a carriage return CR represents the next line.

One of our client find that main problem were the line endings! When using Windows line endings, a playlist could be recognized.So we need to edit the playlist text file again to make the playlist to be recognized. Like change the path of the files in the playlist.

If you have a much better idea, please share it.
Post your idea.You are wanted!

20. change the ID3 information of your mp3 file
There is a great APP called Media Go (http://mediago.sony.com/chs/download) for you to revise the ID3 information of the mp3 file. For example, you may right-click the MP3 file and choose the properties, and then you can change its album picture according to your need.

21.Start with last heard song automatically when the device is powered on
To start with last heard song automatically when the device is powered on, please refer to following steps:
1. Make sure the music is still playing backstage before you power it off.
2. Make sure you power off the player by holding the central button for about 3 seconds instead of switch the "ON/OFF" button.
Then the next time you power on the device it will play the music you heard last time automatically.

22. Update your player.
To update your A06 player, please refer to our forum at http://www.agptek.com/support/download.html and download the update files.

23. Listen music with SD card.
The player is compatible with SD memory cards, and be especially wary of cards with a stated capacity of 64GB or above marked as "SDHC" (not "SDXC"). The SD card association controls and licenses the SD card standards and they define "SDHC" up to a maximum capacity of 32GB. For larger capacity cards, only the "SDXC" standard is valid. Please kindly note that the maximum music files your player can read is 4000.

24. Could't play audio books.
Please kindly note that the player is not compatible with audible files ,If the audio books’ format is audible, you may use the tools below to convert it. http://download.cnet.com/Free-AAC-to-MP ... 00-2140_4- 76060139.html or http://toptitleweb.com/howtos/convert-aax-to-mp3.html

25. Unlock your A02 player
Please kindly note you need to tap the Left Arrow button + M button at the same time to unlock your A02 player. And if you do this of useless at the first time, you can release your hands and tap these two buttons fast again.

26. For more information, please visit "Help & Troubleshooting" on our website.

(http://www.agptek.com/Help-Troubleshooting.html)
Attachments
CopyInOrder.zip
(23.9 KiB) Downloaded 475 times
hunterleo
New Agpteker
New Agpteker

Re: Frequently Asked Questions About AGPTek A02 MP3 Player

Postby Lyndon » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:40 am

My windows 10 laptop no longer recognises my mp3 player. It will charge the player via a USB connection but it does not see the mp3 player's disk drive.
Lyndon

Postby hunterleo » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:16 pm

Lyndon wrote:My windows 10 laptop no longer recognises my mp3 player. It will charge the player via a USB connection but it does not see the mp3 player's disk drive.

Hi, please try another USB lead to connect with the player.
hunterleo
New Agpteker
New Agpteker

Postby Dade88 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:11 pm

i've the same problem...the pc doesn't see the player by usb...i tried to change a port but not function...what i got to do??it's the first time i connect the player to pc..
Dade88

Postby Richard » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:07 am

Dade88 wrote:i've the same problem...the pc doesn't see the player by usb...i tried to change a port but not function...what i got to do??it's the first time i connect the player to pc..

Hi, please try another USB lead to connect with the player, or you can connect our distributor for help.
Richard
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Alex » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:51 pm

No hablo inglés lo suficiente, así que hablaré en mi idioma.

El gobernador, o como coño se llame el programa de herramientas que lleva instalado el aparato, no acepta etiquetas "tags" para separar los discos. Todos los discos de un mismo artista me los mete en una carpeta. Mi antiguo reproductor no hacia eso cuando metia etiquetas con Mp3Tag para separar los discos de un mismo artista/grupo. Y es un puñetero engorro.

A ver si sabeis como solucionarlo o si se puede instalar una herramienta mejor.

Gracias
Alex

Postby Richard » Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:58 am

Alex wrote:No hablo inglés lo suficiente, así que hablaré en mi idioma.

El gobernador, o como coño se llame el programa de herramientas que lleva instalado el aparato, no acepta etiquetas "tags" para separar los discos. Todos los discos de un mismo artista me los mete en una carpeta. Mi antiguo reproductor no hacia eso cuando metia etiquetas con Mp3Tag para separar los discos de un mismo artista/grupo. Y es un puñetero engorro.

A ver si sabeis como solucionarlo o si se puede instalar una herramienta mejor.

Gracias

HI Dear, please try a useful APP called "Media Go" to adjust the related items of the tag as you want.
Richard
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Croydon » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:24 pm

Hello,
I have a problem with my AGPTEK Longevity player (don't know if the A02 is the correct type).
I need to play only a single file and then make the player stop.
I tried using folders and even playlists with just a single entry in it, but the player won't stop after finishing the track.
When starting a file (the only one) in a folder the player proceeds to the next folder, when starting a playlist with only a single entry it repeats the same track.
Repeat mode is set to "off".

Thanks for helping.
Croydon

Postby Richard » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:40 am

Croydon wrote:Hello,
I have a problem with my AGPTEK Longevity player (don't know if the A02 is the correct type).
I need to play only a single file and then make the player stop.
I tried using folders and even playlists with just a single entry in it, but the player won't stop after finishing the track.
When starting a file (the only one) in a folder the player proceeds to the next folder, when starting a playlist with only a single entry it repeats the same track.
Repeat mode is set to "off".

Thanks for helping.

hi Croydon
Pleasure to answer for you. To stop music file playing for your A02 player, please make sure that you have set the "Play mode" and "Shuffle" for "off" at the same time first. And then please note:
1. when you access to music playing through "Music" on the main interface, the player will stop only when songs in a same folder have been played. The same for playlists.
2. when you access to music playing through "Folder" on the main interface, i'm sorry that it won't stop and will play the next folder automatically.
3. you can set the "Sleep time" to shut down the player within the setting time.
Richard
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby newbie » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:37 pm

Hello,

I just got AGPtEK A02 and it is perfect!

The only problem is I'm not able to unlock the player after it is locked. When in play mode or even at the main menu, I long press Left Arrow button + M button and afterwards I immediately see the locked lock and the device is locked. When I try to do the same to unlock it I see only lock locking in animation and the device is still locked. I also tried pressing the buttons in order, but it doesn't help. The only solution to unlock the locked device is to switch the on/off button (restart).

Am I doing it wrong or is there some problem with the software?

Next

Return to AGPTek MP3 Music Player